The Pathfinder Club is part of a world-wide co-ed scouting type organization sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Pathfinders are "those who go ahead and discover or show others a path or way." Juniors and teens in grades 5-12 of any race or creed or none at all, are welcomed and encouraged to join this ministry. Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more.
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules.
For more information of joining the Pisgah Scorpion Pathfinders, contact Pisgahsdachurch.email@example.com.
We are happy that you have an interest in our youth ministry. Please read on and our hope is that you find here the information you need.
We Are The Pisgah Scorpions Pathfinder Club of the Pisgah Seventh-day Adventist Church.
We are in the Allegheny East Conference, under the Columbia Union Conference
of the North American Division of the World General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Churches.
Our Goal is to build up our youths in our church and community with a Spiritual foundation of knowing Jesus Christ and understanding God's Word in the Bible.
ANY youth between the ages of 10 - 17, (5th - 12th grades) of any denomination or none at all, are encouraged to join our organization.
We also have a Teen Leaders in Training (T.L.T.) program for youths aged 16-17, (11th & 12th grades).
Our Objectives include helping develop our youths to be responsible and mature individuals and leaders in the church ministries and our communities by mentoring them through fellowship, worship, outreach and service as well as teaching them discipline, etiquette and proper conduct.
We engage our youths with many character-building activities including, but not limited to:
- Team Building Exercises
- Leadership Training
- Camping & Survival Skills
- Community Service & Outreach
- Honors Training (with awards given in the form of a patch upon successful completion) which include areas like
- Arts & Crafts
- House & Home
To join Our Club, please contact us at PisgahSDAChurch.MD@gmail.com or 240-209-0732.
We have formal events where we wear a uniform much like the Boy/Girl Scouts.
There are some additional fees for these as well as nominal costs for certain events.
We have an annual registration fee and club dues.
Our club calendar year follows the school year from August to July.
We meet at our Church and online virtually typically 2 times per month.
We expect youth to be on time and ready to learn and experience the Spirit of Pathfindering.
We have a code of conduct and a discipline action plan and thus we expect all youth to adhere to these basic rules to ensure everyone has a very rewarding experience with our club.
We hope that you would allow your child the opportunity to learn and grow with us.
Thank you for visiting.
Have A Blessed Day!